Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Better late than never

So Im back in Kristiansand with the Troxels and Camilla and tonight...LENE!! And I was finally able to charge my camera and get my photos off from my Norway in a Nutshell trip...so here is just a small sampling. If you really want to know, I can show you all 5000 pictures when I get home.
This is from the train station in Myrdal. On the way there, we went through areas that still had several meters of snow. I cant even imagine what it looks like in the middle of winter.


A little ways into the trip you stop at this amazing waterfall and everyone files off the train to take a bunch of photos...It is incredibly beautiful and well worth it. There is the ruins of a little house or station of some sort right next to the falls. You have to wonder what it would be like to live there...the roaring as you go to bed, the cold spray constantly soaking you...not exactly an ideal spot...but very beautiful.




The train goes down through some amazing scenery and some crazy tunnels...to arrive in Flam. I wandered around for a bit and ate some lunch...there isnt much to do there except for shopping and a neat museum about the railway. I opted for the museum...sorry guys. Then I took a ferry to Gundehaven...the ride there was absolutely spectacular. Everywhere you looked there was something more amazing than the last thing you saw...here are some of my favorites...
This is looking back at Flam...














After we got into Gundehaven, we took a bus to Voss...which involved this road...


Needless to say, we all cheered for the bus driver when we got to the top as this is a two lane road, despite the bus barely fitting all four wheels in the road at the same time.

No comments: